- This policy, together with our terms and conditions on our website (www.guamfood.blog) and any other documents we provide to you as part of your trading relationship with us, sets out how we will process your personal data.
- This policy applies to our contract with you. You are therefore advised to read it carefully. Terms used within it shall have the meaning(s) given in the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) and/or the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation), as applicable.
- By voluntarily visiting our website (www.guamfood.blog), or by providing your personal data to us, you understand, accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
- Any changes and/or amendments to this policy will be posted on this page. You are advised to check back frequently as, unless your consent is required, any changes will be binding on you when you continue to use our website, or work with us after the date of the relevant change.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
When you visit our website, www.guamfood.blog, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, paypal information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store; you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/marketplace-privacy/.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. For more information, continue reading under the section: HOW IT IS COLLECTED.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, a search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK:
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We process your personal data primarily to perform our contract with, and sell our products to you. We consider the personal data we obtain is reasonable and necessary for these purposes. We do not ordinarily rely on your consent to process your personal data, as the data is voluntarily given when an item is purchased from our store. However, we review this intermittently and remove any inaccurate or obsolete data. We only utilize your data when it is necessary, for your convenience.
By using our website and/or buying our products, you expressly consent to: transfers of your personal data to those specifically listed third parties in this policy, for the reasons specified; and as a business using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
You may exercise your rights under section 9 at any time, which includes withdrawing your consent to our processing of your personal data. However, where this withdrawal prevents us from performing our contract with you, we may not be able to provide our goods and services to you.
When you place an order through www.guamfood.blog, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Guam Food Blog
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
PO Box 5226, Hagatna GU 96932, United States
WHAT WE COLLECT
- We will only collect your name, address, telephone number and email address from you. This is to allow us to create your account in our internal system to monitor the progress of your order, and to contact you in relation to it.
- Any bank or credit or debit card details you provide in order to make payment for your order, will be retained only by Shopify , or the relevant card processor, not by us (other than the expiry date and last 4 digits of the card used). This is in line with PCI DSS standards.
- Where you are a current, potential or former employee, worker or other member of our staff, we may collect additional categories of your personal data for the purposes of providing you with the necessary benefits under our contract with you. In those circumstances, a separate privacy notice applies and a copy is available on request.
- We use CCTV at some of our premises for the protection of our staff and property, and for the prevention and detection of crime, and we are registered with the ICO to process your data in this way. If you visit us at these premises, your biometric data will be taken during your time on site and this will be stored and retained by us in accordance with our internal data retention policy.
HOW IT IS COLLECTED:
The categories of data are collected in the following ways:
- When you provide it to us:
- Your personal data is primarily provided to us when you visit one of our stores to buy any of our products or services, or to collect a refund or make an exchange.
- When you correspond with us via email as part of our business with you, or if you use our live chat function on our Website, any of your personal data contained in that correspondence (including your IP address and location) will be retained by us.
- When you buy any of our products from our website, you will provide us with your personal data on checkout.
- When we collect it from you:
- When you use our website, we will automatically collect technical information about the device you use to visit, including your IP address, browser type/version and related settings.
- We also monitor your use of our Website. This includes the full URLs, your clickstreams through our Website, the pages you view and how you interact with them and how you leave the Website.
- If you buy any of our products subject to any credit, you will do so through our authorised drop-shipping partners. We will be required to pass your name, telephone number, email address and details of the sale to them to initiate the proposal they can offer to you. Any application you subsequently complete will be between you and them directly.
- We will pass your name, address, email address and telephone number to our appointed external courier, so that they can deliver your products to you.
WHAT WE USE IT FOR:
- Your personal data is primarily required to enable us to supply you with the relevant goods, services and support you have requested from us, and to contact you in relation to any enquiries or requests you raise with us.
- We also use your personal data to send you information by email about us, our products and our services that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about. We only do this where you have given us permission to do so, and you can opt-out at any time. Where you opt out, we will no longer contact you until you ask us to, and we will not prompt you to do so.
- Technical information we collect about your visit to our Website is used to enable us to:
- personalise and improve its functionality and security (to keep it safe and secure);
- administer and monitor traffic and behaviours on our Website for analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and
- ensure that we can offer you the most effective and efficient browsing experience, and make improvements where necessary.
- Where we change our services, or any applicable terms and conditions, we will contact you.
- Once collected, your personal data will be retained by us for as long as is necessary for us to provide you with the relevant goods and services (including any warranty you buy from us), to market our services to you (where requested) and to enable us to improve our Website. After this point, the data will be securely deleted and we will not contact you unless you ask us to.
- All of our staff have access to customer personal data stored within our EPOS system. Only a limited number of our staff, and our web developers, can access your data that is held by Shopify.
HOW AND WHY WE DISCLOSE YOUR DATA:
- Any websites which are linked from www.guamfood.blog are outside of our control and not covered by this policy. If you access those websites using the links provided, the website operators may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies (if any). These policies may differ from ours, and we cannot accept any responsibility or liability in respect of these.
- In relation to all of your personal data, you have the following rights (in addition to any rights you may have under the Act or the Regulation) to ask us:
- not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- to clarify what data we hold about you, how it was obtained, to whom it has been disclosed and for how long it will be stored.
- to amend any inaccurate data we hold about you;
- to delete any of your data (where you no longer think we need to hold it, or you think we have obtained or processed it without your consent at any time); and
- to only process your personal data in limited circumstances, for limited purposes.
- We have the capacity to extract your personal data from our databases and provide it to you in a structured, commonly-used way (typically by .csv file).
- If you wish to exercise any of your rights at any time, please contact us on the details contained at the beginning of this policy in the first instance. We will require you to verify your identity to us before we provide any personal data, and reserve the right to ask you to specify the types of personal data to which your request relates.
- Where you wish to exercise any of your rights, they may be subject to payment of a nominal administration fee (to cover our costs incurred in processing your request) and any clarification we may reasonably require in relation to your request. Such fees may be charged where we consider (acting reasonably) that your request is excessive, unfounded or repetitive.